The Joint Fire Support Specialist is primarily responsible for the intelligence activities of the Army’s field artillery team. Their job duties include but are not limited to: set up and operation of communication systems; encode and decode messages; assist in the preparation of fire support plans, coordinates and targets; operate laser range finders and targeting devices; and determine target locations using computers or manual calculations with a map, compass, and protractor.
- Set up and operate communications systems
- Encode and decode messages
- Assist in the preparation of fire support plans, coordinates and targets
- Operate laser range finders and target devices
- Determine target location using computers or manual calculations
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.